As you know in IB ACIO recruitment exam there is just one paper divided into two parts.
Paper I is objective based wherein Multiple Choice Question will be asked from four different sections viz; General Knowledge, Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude, English. Paper I will be of 100 marks, each section will have 25 question of 1 mark each.
However, Paper II is a descriptive paper in which English writing skill and analytical capability are checked. In Paper II, there will be two sub parts in which the first part will have essay or letter writing while second part will have a comprehension and you will have to answer the question related to the paragraph and will have to give an appropriate title for the passage in the end.
Coming straight away to Part II of the paper, the total marks of this section is 50. Time allotted for this part will be 40 minutes.
After a lot of research, we have tried to compile a list of recent topics in news. Let us have a look at the latest topics you may encounter in your examination paper. These are few ACIO essay topics.
- Corruption in India
- Scrapping of Planning Commission
- How to deal with natural disasters in India?
- Unemployment in India
- Depreciation of Indian Rupee
- India’s food security plan
- How Safe are girls in India?
- Role of media in India
- Jan Lokpal Bill
- Legalising prostitution in India
- Price Rise
- Rise in crime rate in India
IB ACIO Essay topics 2013 (Grade 2) Exam
- A Communal Conﬂict Scenario
- Causes of Violence in the World
- Divide Between ‘India’ and ‘Bharat’
- Dimensions of Rural Employment
We will keep updating this list. If you know of some topics, please share it in the comments with us. Remember the only way knowledge can grow is by sharing!
Tips for writing a good essay
While we are on the topic, here are some tips on how to write a good essay in exams.
- Topic – Choose your essay topic carefully. Pick the one you have most information about and think you will be able to do justice to it.
- Outline – Its a good practice to jot down the main points before you start writing. This way you will not forget some important points while writing the essay. You would think it to be a waste of time but believe me it would at later stage save a lot of time.
- Word limit – Also stick to the word limit and keep a tab on time.
- Impactful introduction – Ensure that you introduce the topic precisely. Introduction is the most crucial part of the essay. Make sure it is crisp and introduces the topic in the best possible way.
- Use quotations – Do not sway away from the topic. Since you want the examiner/reader to be glued to your essay, it will be good if you write some quotation, give statistics wherever required.
- Keep it short – Do not write long paragraphs, instead break them into shorter paragraphs. This way your reader won’t find it boring. Try keeping as many as five paragraphs in your essay. It is the classic format for essay writing.
- Don’t repeat – Make sure that you do not repeat the same thing again and again.
- Conclude – Always give conclusion, depending on what you have written in the main body. It is as important as your introductory part.
- Proofread, at least once – Always proofread once you are done with your essay. Check for spelling and grammatical mistakes.
Hoping that these easy tips will help you score good marks in your IB ACIO recruitment exam. Best Wishes.
monika kamra says
Sir I want to know whether gk Ques will be more in acio exam or focus will be on each section and what about negative marking in acio..?.previous paper trends show that mostly 70% paper was frm gk field nd 20 Ques were on maths+aptitude.And 10 Ques on English..so the paper was more about gk rather than maths and aptitude..has the pattern changed or should we follow the pattern of previous yr exams?.I need ur .Suggestion as my paper is on this su day..hoping for ur reply
From what we know, there is no negative marking in the ACIO paper. Your observation that more questions are asked from GK is correct. However one should not ignore aptitude, maths and english. Even if you prepare well for GK, you cannot attempt a question if you don’t know the fact, in case of other subjects at least you can try! Best of luck for your exam. Would love to have your feedback about the exam. Don’t forget to read our other posts on ACIO exam.
drishti sharma says
i wanted to know about the essay topics asked in mass communication entrance….also please let me know about the interview questions too…
sorry dear, we don’t cover that here.