AFCAT syllabus: discussion – topics, difficulty level, no. of questions and marks
AFCAT (1) 2021 examnotification for selection of Group A Gazetted Officers in Flying and Ground Duty (Technical and Non-Technical) branches has been announced. Online AFCAT examination will be conducted on 20 Feb 21 and 21 Feb 21 for the selection of Grade A officers in Indian Air Force.
The exam consists of two papers. Paper 1 – for non-technical candidates and Paper 2 – for technical candidates. After qualifying the online examination, candidates are called for interview infront of Air Force Selection Board (AFSB).
For AFCAT (online exam)
|Subject||Topics to be covered||Difficulty level||No of questions|
|English||Comprehension, Error Detection, Sentence Completion/ Filling in of correct word, Synonyms, Antonyms and Testing of Vocabulary, Idioms and Phrases.||Graduation||25|
|General Awareness.||History, Geography, Civics, Politics, Current Affairs, Environment, Basic Science, Defense, Art, Culture, Sports, etc.||Graduation||25|
|Numerical Ability.||Decimal Fraction, Time and Work, Average, Profit & Loss, Percentage, Ratio & Proportion and Simple Interest, Time & Distance (Trains/Boats & Streams).||Matriculation||20|
|Reasoning and Military Aptitude Test.||Verbal Skills and Spatial Ability.||Graduation||30|
For EKT exam (Paper 2 – technical candidates)
|Paper-2||Subjects||Difficulty Level||Number of Questions|
|Engineering Knowledge Test (EKT-For Technical Candidates)||Mechanical||Graduation||50|
|Electrical & Electronics||Graduation||50|
- Marking Scheme is as follows:-
- Three marks (3) will be awarded for every correct answer.
- One (1) mark will be deducted for every incorrect answer.
- No marks for unattempted questions.
- Questions will be based on the metric system of Weights & Measures wherever applicable.
- Questions will be set in English only.
The eligible candidates shall be issued with an e-Admit Card three weeks before the date of the examination. The e-Admit Card will be sent to the registered email IDs and will also be available at the website www.careerindianairforce.cdac.in . No Admit Card will be sent by post.
Items to be Brought Inside Examination Hall
The following items are to be carried to the exam centre:-
- e-AdmitCard for AFCAT 01/2021.
- Candidate’s Aadhaar Card.
- Another valid photo identity card such as PAN card/ passport/ driving licence/ voter identity card/ college identity card or any other valid photo identity proof, with details of name, father’s name, date of birth and a clear photograph.
- Two passport size colour photographs– same as the photo uploaded during online application (to be pasted, not stapled on Admit Card next to the printed photo and on attendance sheet at the exam centre).
- Ballpoint Pen (Blue or Black) for signing on the attendance sheet and rough work.
Candidates will not be permitted to leave the exam hall till completion of the examination.