We have updated our list of best books for reasoning to include newly published material — if you feel we have missed out on your favorite title, do let us know in the comments.
If you ask me, the reasoning section is THE MOST IMPORTANT part of any competitive exam. Want To know why?
There are two reasons:
- Highly scoring section – At least 40- 50 questions are asked from reasoning (verbal and non-verbal) in every competitive exam. Command over reasoning will fetch you very good marks in any examination.
- And it is easy!!! – Unlike GK where you have to read SO MANY topics and memorize so many lists (and you still don’t know what will come in the exam 😀 ), in reasoning you simply need to practice different types of questions.
By developing your reasoning skills, you also develop an important skill. You learn how to analyze situations and make decisions using limited data.
The recruitment drives for various banks, insurance companies, and other organizations have started and YOU simply cannot leave preparation for last minute.
Preparing for reasoning is like eating your favorite dessert. You can enjoy one small portion every day, but you cannot eat a month’s supply in one sitting.
Want Free Books For Reasoning?
Don’t. Just Don’t.
I had written earlier why it is a waste of time searching for free exam study material. But the basic idea is that you will waste your time to save 200 rupees and in all certainty you will not be successful in the exam either.
Most of us do not join coaching classes for preparation. So the best way to prepare for reasoning is only through books. Buy a good book. And spend your time studying and practicing it.
That is it!
And the good news is there are only so many types of questions, and the best books for reasoning cover these in an organized manner. So simply choose one and make the most of it.
But How To Choose The Best Books For Reasoning?
So how do you select which books to buy for reasoning? Quite easy. You only need to look for following things
- The book should cover a large variety of reasoning problems, with solutions and explanation
- And should also have a large number of practice questions
How Many Exams Are You Appearing For?
If you are only preparing for one exam, it is preferable to use a book which is based on the exam you want to appear.
But if you are appearing for a large number of exams — which normally everyone does, then you should buy one single book which covers different topics with solved problems and explanations, and then practice questions from previous years solved papers.
Which Are The Best Reasoning Books?
So here we are in the final section of this post.
We have compiled for you a list of the best books available for reasoning section which will be useful for all competitive exam.
- Verbal and Nonverbal Reasoning by R S Aggarwal – Buy on Flipkart or Buy on Amazon
- Analytical Reasoning by M K Pandey – Buy on Flipkart or Buy on Amazon
- A New Approach to Reasoning Verbal and Non-Verbal (English) 1st Edition by B S Sijwali, Indu Sijwal – Buy on Flipkart or Buy on Amazon
- Logical and Analytical Reasoning (English) 1st Edition by A.K Gupta – Buy on Flipkart or Buy on Amazon
- How to Crack Test of Reasoning: In All Competitive Exam (English) by Arihant Publishers- Buy on Flipkart or Buy on Amazon
My advice is that you buy only one book for preparation of reasoning section. Complete that book and then move on to solving previous year papers and model test papers. Buying more than one book will confuse you, waste your time (and money) and overwhelm you!
You might also be interested in Books For Quantitative Aptitude