Have been preparing for IBPS Exam? Do you wish to make a career in banking sector? A great opportunity knocked at your footsteps and we suggest that you grab it with open hands. India Post Payments Bank Limited has published notification for the recruitment of 650 Scale I Officer vacancies.
Before we tell you in detail about the vacancies , strategy to prepare and best Books For India Post Payments Bank Exam 2016, we would like to make you aware of what exactly payments bank are. This will help you understand about the organisation you are going to apply in and that will certainly help you during your interview.
In 2015, RBI granted ‘in-principle’ approval for payment banks to 11 entities, including big names like Reliance Industries, Aditya Birla Nuvo and Tech Mahindra, as also Airtel and Vodafone. Department of Posts was also one of the entity to receive in-principle approval from RBI and approval from Cabinet for setting up India Post Payments Bank Limited (IPPB).
Payment Banks are stripped-down type of banks, which are expected to reach customers mainly through their mobile phones rather than conventional bank branches. They can’t offer loans but can raise deposits of up to Rs. 1 lakh, and pay interest on these balances.
That was brief introduction of payments bank. We will be posting a detailed article on payments bank soon. Let us now move over selection procedure, strategy and Books For India Post Payments Bank Exam 2016.
Selection will consist of the following steps: (i) Preliminary Examination (ii) Main Examination (iii) Interview.
Structure of the Online Examination
1. In preliminary examination you will be gauged on your knowledge in three sections. A total of 100 questions will be asked and you will have to attempt these questions in 1 hour.
Number Of Questions
Note: Candidates have to qualify in each of the three tests by securing cut-off marks to be decided by IPPB.
2. Main Examination
Number Of Questions
General Awareness (with special reference to Banking)
Now that we are aware of the examination pattern, let us now jump over to strategy for preparation for India Post Payments Bank Exam 2016.
- Expect the unexpected– Since this the first time India Post Payments Bank is conducting the online examination, we can not predict the type and level of questions that will be asked in the examination. The level of paper is expected to be on par with IBPS and SBI PO Exam. So expect it to be a little difficult than the rest of your exams.
Strategy – When you start preparing for this exam or making a study plan, we suggest you to start with the section/topic that you are weak in. Slog yourself till the time you are not through with it. Keep revising the sections that you have full command over side by side. Revise all the formulas and rules for each subject.
- Time limit- As you can see from the exam pattern, time is less and limited. In preliminary examination, you will have just 60 minutes to solve 100 questions( not even a minute for each question). Don’t even dare to talk about the mains. That surely is going to give you nightmares. Each section has set time allotted. You cannot leave anything for later. It has to be solved in one go. Somebody please kill us 🙁
Strategy- When you start giving mock test, time your exam. You know the division of section and time allotment , so your aim should be to try to solve more than 100 questions in 1 hour. If you are not able to do it, just don’t panic. With time you will be able to achieve this goal. If you succeed doing so, there are high chances that you will be able to attempt maximum questions on your exam day,providing the pressure mounting on your head and the difficulty of the examination paper.
- Daily Schedule – Make a daily time table which should incorporate study and breaks. If you are a college student, you need to plan according to the time left after your college for your preparation. For example, on day 1, you plan to go for maths, try taking up a different section on day 2. This would avoid the monotony to built in.
- Practice – Practice what you have study is of utmost importance. Take up a book which covers all these sections and start practicing questions in the same format as will be asked in the examination. Also while preparing a certain topic or section, make it a habit to practice at the end. This will boost your confidence and also help you zero in what kind of questions you need to put your time on.
- Read – Those of you who read as a hobby or habit, this will not be a problem. Take time out to read newspapers, magazines, novels,etc. This will help you in building up your vocabulary as well as give you knowledge on variety of topics.
Let us now have a look at the Books For India Post Payments Bank Exam 2016 (Preliminary Exam)
|Math/Quant||Magical Book On Quicker Maths||Buy||Buy|
|English||Objective General English by S P Bakshi (Arihant)||Buy||Buy|
|Reasoning||Analytical Reasoning by M K Pandey||Buy||Buy|
|General Awareness||Manorama Yearbook 2016 (English)||Buy||Buy|
|Specifically designed for this post||IPPB Indian Post Payments Bank Limited Scale I Officers Preliminary Exam by Vidya Editorial Board||Buy||Buy|
I would suggest you to start your preparation with NCERT Books and then switch to the book you decide from the above list.
I have tried to compile a useful list of, what I believe to be the best books for India Post Payments Bank Exam preparation. Hope you will use this to prepare well for the exam.
In case you have any questions, suggestions or remarks – let me know in the comments below.
Best of Luck.