Reserve Bank of India is one of the favorites among those looking for a career in Banking, and admittedly so. In this post we will cover the important books for RBI Grade B Officers Exam.
Reserve Bank of India conducts examination for the recruitment of Grade B officers. The recruitment examination of RBI Grade B Officers are conducted in three stages :
- Phase I Examination: Online examination in MCQ mode
- Phase II Examination: Offline Descriptive exam, conducted only for candidates short-listed after Phase I examination
- Personal Interview: Conducted for candidates who clear Phase II.
In Phase I examination, you will be tested in the following sections
- General Awareness: 80 Questions
- English Language: 30 Questions
- Quantitative Aptitude: 30 Questions
- Verbal Reasoning : 60 Questions.
In total 200 questions from the above section will be asked. Each question will carry 1 mark. For every wrong answer 1/4th of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted.
You will get 2 hours and 10 minutes to complete the examination.
Books For RBI Grade B Officer Exam
Now lets take a look at the books for RBI Grade B Officer exam:
For English Section
English is many a times, a high scoring section. Make sure you practice using previous years questions papers. We would suggest that you buy a book for English only if you feel this is a weak area.
- English Grammar by Wren and Martin – Buy on Flipkart or Buy on Amazon
- Essential English Grammar by Raymond Murphy – Buy on Flipkart or Buy on Amazon
- Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis – Buy on Flipkart orBuy on Amazon
- Objective General English by S P Bakshi – Buy on Flipkart or Buy on Amazon
- Quick learning Objective General English by RS Aggarwal & Vikas Aggarwal – Buy on Flipkart or Buy on Amazon
For General Awareness
General awareness theoretically covers everything under the sun! But if you have a habit of keeping a tab on the happenings around you, it should not be so difficult.
A word of advice – general awareness is never learnt in a single day, if you try to do so not only will you feel overwhelmed but it it will also torture your confidence.
So try reading a little everyday. These are the books we like to recommend:
- Manorama Year Book 2015 (English) – Buy on Flipkart or Buy on Amazon
- Manorama Year Book 2015 (Hindi) – Buy on Flipkart or Buy on Amazon
- India 2014 by Ministry of Information- Buy on Flipkart or Buy on Amazon
- Lucent’s General Knowledge (English) – Buy on Flipkart or Buy on Amazon
- Lucent’s General Knowledge (Hindi) – Buy on Flipkart or Buy on Amazon
- Competition Success Review Year Book (English) – Buy on Flipkart or Buy on Amazon
- Competition Success Review Year Book (Hindi) – Buy on Amazon
For Quantitative Aptitude
If you are planning to make a career in a bank, it is reasonable to assume that you have at least a decent level of quantitative aptitude. While the exam syllabus is not of a very high level, you need to practice different types of questions so that the exam paper does not leave you stumped.
- Quantitative Aptitude by R.S. Agarwal – Buy on Flipkart or Buy on Amazon
- Quicker Mathematics by M. Tyra – Buy on Flipkart or Buy on Amazon
- Arihant’s Fast Track Objective Arithmetic – Buy on Flipkart or Buy on Amazon
- Advance Maths for General Competitions by Paramount Reader Publications – Buy on Flipkart or Buy on Amazon
For General Intelligence & Reasoning Section
Typically if quantitative aptitude is a strong area for you, you should not have much problem with reasoning section either. Just remember to solve as many different types of problems as you can. Any one of the following books would be a good choice.
- Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning by R S Aggarwal – Buy on Flipkart or Buy on Amazon
- Analytical Reasoning by M K Pandey – Buy on Flipkart or Buy on Amazon
- A New Approach to Reasoning Verbal and Non-Verbal (English) 1st Edition by B S Sijwali, Indu Sijwal – Buy on Flipkart or Buy on Amazon
- Logical and Analytical Reasoning (English) 1st Edition by A.K Gupta – Buy on Flipkart or Buy on Amazon
For Previous Year Papers/ Practice Papers
That finally brings us to practicing previous years papers. If you are short on time, this (practicing previous years papers for RBI Grade B Officer exam) is the minimum you need to do. Time yourself and try to solve a full length paper in a single go itself. This will help you plan your strategy for the final exam.
- RBI Grade – B Officer’s Online Exam Phase – 1 Objective Type Practice Work Book (English) by Kiran Prakashan – Buy on Flipkart or Buy on Amazon
- RBI Grade B Officers Exam Guide (English) by RPH Editorials – Buy on Flipkart or Buy on Amazon
- Reserve Bank of India – Recruitment of Officers Grade ‘B’ (English) by Unique Publishers – Buy on Flipkart
- Reserve Bank Of India Grade ‘B’ Examination (English) by Upkar Publications – Buy on Flipkart
- RBI Grade – B Officer Online Exam Phase – 1 Objective Type Solved Papers And Practice Work Book (Hindi) by Kiran Prakashan – Buy on Flipkart or Buy on Amazon
- RBI Grade B Officers Exam Guide (Hindi) by RPH Editorial Board – Buy on Amazon
Let us know if you need help on something in the comments below.