Congrats to all of you for clearing the IBPS CWE online written examination. So now it is time for the interviews. I know you have a lot of unanswered questions regarding the preparations/ documents required and the method of provisional allocation.
Here let’s talk about the documents required during the IBPS Interview and the method of provisional allocation of candidates in various participating banks.
About IBPS Interview
- Those of you who have cleared the IBPS written examination and been shortlisted for interviews will have to download their interview call letter from the official website of IBPS.
- The Interview will be conducted by the Participating Organizations and coordinated by the Nodal Bank in each State/ UT with the help of IBPS.
- You will find the details of the centre, address of the venue, time & date of Interview in the call letter.
- According to the IBPS calendar for 2015, call letters for the interview of IBPS CWE IV 2015-16 will be available in the IBPS website from January 2015.
- Keep in mind that the date and the venue for the interview mentioned on your call letter cannot be changed. IBPS do not entertain any request on that front.
- Remember to carry all the documents (mentioned below) while appearing for your interview. Carry the originals as well as the self attested photo copies, as mentioned and requested for.
Marks allocation for the IBPS Interview
- The total marks of Interview are 100.
- To qualify the interview you need to score more than 40% (35% for SC/ST/OBC/PWD candidates).
- The weightage (ratio) of online CWE and interview is 80:20.
- The combined final score of candidates shall be arrived at on the basis of scores obtained by the candidates in CWE PO/MT-IV and Interview.
- If you fail to score the minimum qualifying marks in the interview, your scores shall not be disclosed.
- You should qualify both in the CWE and interview and be sufficiently high in the merit to be shortlisted for subsequent provisional allotment process.
Documents required for IBPS Interview
The following documents in original and self attested photocopies in support of the your eligibility and identity are to be submitted at the time of interview. Failing this, you will not be permitted to appear for the interview.
- Printout of the valid Interview Call Letter.
- Valid system generated printout of the online application form registered for CWE PO/MT-IV .
- Proof of Date of Birth (Birth Certificate issued by the Competent Municipal Authorities or SSLC/ Std. X Certificate with DOB)
- Photo Identify Proof as indicated (bearing the same name as it appears on the call letter) such as PAN Card/ Passport/ Driving License/ Voter’s Card/ Bank Passbook with photograph/ Photo identity proof issued by a Gazzetted Officer/ People’s Representative along with a photograph / Identity Card issued by a recognized college/ university/ Aadhar card with a photograph/ Employee ID.
- Mark-sheets & certificates for Graduation or equivalent qualification etc. Proper document from board / University for having declared the result on or before 11.08.2014 has to be submitted.
- Caste Certificate issued by the competent authority in the prescribed format in the case of SC / ST / OBC category candidates.
- In case of candidates belonging to OBC category, certificate should specifically contain a clause that the candidate does not belong to creamy layer section excluded from the benefits of reservation for Other Backward Classes in Civil post & services under Government of India. OBC caste certificate containing the Non-creamy layer clause should be valid as on the last date of online registration i.e. 11.08.2014(issued within one year prior to the last date for online registration).Caste Name mentioned in certificate should tally letter by letter with Central Government list / notification.
- Candidates belonging to OBC category but coming under creamy layer and/ or if their caste does not find place in the Central List are not entitled to OBC reservation. They should indicate their category as General in the online application form.
- Disability certificate in prescribed format issued by the District Medical Board in case of Persons With Disability category If the candidate has used the services of a Scribe at the time of CWE the duly filled in details of the scribe in the prescribed format
- An Ex-serviceman candidate has to produce a copy of the Service or Discharge book along with pension payment order and documentary proof of rank last / presently held (substantive as well as acting) at the time of interview. Those who are still in defence service should submit a certificate from a competent authority that they will be relieved from defence services, on or before 10.08.2015.
- Candidates serving in Government / quasi govt offices/ Public Sector Undertakings (including Nationalized Banks and Financial Institutions) are required to produce a “No Objection certificate” from their employer at the time of interview, in the absence of which their candidature will not be considered and travelling expenses, if any, otherwise admissible, will not be paid.
- Experience certificates, if any
- Any other relevant documents in support of eligibility
- On completion of the interview process, depending on the vacancies to be filled, based on the business needs of the Participating Organizations, those of you finally selected will be provisionally allotted to one of the Participating Organizations, based on merit-cum-preference.
- No change in the data already registered in the online application form is possible.
- In the case of two or more candidates having obtained the same score, merit order is decided as per date of birth i.e. the candidate senior in age is placed before/ above the candidate junior in age, as per the prevailing practice.
Photo credit: SportSuburban / iWoman / CC BY
i was previously worked for an private construction company and resigned but i don’t have experience certificates. But i have mentioned in the application that i have worked for that company? is there will be any problem?
This can create a problem during interview and document verification process. You should try to arrange for documents during the time you have. For others reading this answer – please fill your forms carefully!
i am having the offer letter and payslips. thats all am having. does that enough?
Thanks in advance.
Depends on how lenient your document verifier turns out to be!
i dont have marksheets of first and second year of my graduation bt only of the final year.. will this be a problem ?
Yes. You will face issue during document verification.
Raj Deepak says
i belong to christian religion and instead of opting for minority status as yes i opted as no. i got selected for IBPS – PO interview. is it fine or do i have to get any form attested by officials.
and i have entered cgpa instead of percentage of marks
my mail-id is : [email protected],com
thank you in advance
Not opting for minority status should not do you any harm. I am not so sure with the other point though. But since you have reached till the interview, hopefully, this won’t be much of an issue. Do share your experience in any case.
wangdup tamang says
Sir,i m a govt employ but i hv not mentioned it in online application of IBPS PO…. But i hv a NOC from my department.. will it create problem in interview.
Since you have NOC ideally it should not. But if the document checker follows the rules properly, he can have you disqualified for not disclosing all the information. Let’s hope you have all your luck and don’t have to face this.
Sir I have lost my application form for clerk v… what should I do now???? Will I get another chance to reprint that???
Yes. You can reprint the form. The link to reprint the online submitted application form will remain activated till February 28. Go to this page – http://www.ibps.in/common-written-examination-for-clerical-cadre/ and click on the appropriate link.
Currently I am working for a private organization. Do I have to submit noc for private job also??
Just to make this clear for future readers as well, No Objection certificate or NOC for IBPS is only required if you are working Government / Public Sector Units / Government Undertakings etc. NOC is NOT required if you are employed with private sector companies.