Today is the day of your exam. Excited? Nervous? Tensed?? Of course all. It’s a mixed bag of feelings. So what are you going to do? Let it get the better of you? NO! Of course not. Giving into fear is not your thing. You fight fear and anxiety. Remember there are lacs of others and all are going through the same feelings. If you want to come out with flying colours then you must do something different. The following are few Exam Day tips that might help you:
1. Get a good night’s sleep : Waking up groggy in the morning will only mar your chances. So avoid late night at least for that night. Hit the bed early in that way when you wake up the next morning you will be fresh, full of energy and optimism. Clear sleep also clears away dizziness and negative vibes and fills you with positive feelings.
2. Wake up early in the morning. : This goes beyond saying that waking up early in the morning is a good habit. But for most of us it is easy to keep awake all night and watch the sun rise than waking up with the sweet sunshine. But for this particular day DO TRY making a different chart. Wake up early. Go for a jog (if time permits) or do some simple free hand stretching exercise. These simple exercises will make you feel good and also provide you with the necessary positive energy.
3. Breakfast : Have a good breakfast before you head for your venue (if it is in the morning shift).Most Exams will be for 120 minutes starting around 10 am. So if in the middle of your paper you get hunger calls- it isn’t a pleasant thing that you would hope for! For those whose exams are in the 2nd half have proper meal before you head to the exam hall. All for the same reason.
4. Keep calm : As you reach the venue it is a common sight to find candidates completely immersed in the books or whatever notes they have. Try AVOIDING this practice. Have faith in yourself. You did prepare your best and only the papers will tell you that yes it was worth your effort.
5. At the venue it is also common to find candidates discussing topics and passing on suggestions. Well it is good that they are sharing their knowledge. But the biggest drawback or wrong in this practice is that those 5-10 questions might or might not be there in the paper! You listen to it get tensed and all messed up- loose your cool and result- not your 100% in the paper. Now I am sure none of you would want that!
6. Last but not the least, before heading into the exam hall do check that you have all your documents in hand. Carry the admit card or the printout of the admit card. Carry the original identity prove. And REMEMBER to carry the photocopy of the Id Proof. Also remember to attach your photograph on the admit card and carry an extra photo if you want to. Keep your stationeries handy and in place.
Good luck for your papers. Do let us know your results!!!
Photo credit: wecometolearn / iW / CC BY