|Principal Seat/(Bench having jurisdiction of the State)||Court||State or Union Territory (UT)|
|Agartala||Tripura High Court||Tripura|
|Ahmedabad||Gujarat High Court||Gujarat|
|Allahabad (Bench at Lucknow)||Allahabad High Court||Uttar Pradesh|
|Bengaluru (Bench at Dharwad and Gulbarga)||Karnataka High Court||Karnataka|
|Bilaspur||Chhattisgarh High Court||Chhattisgarh|
|Chandigarh||Punjab and Haryana High Court||Chandigarh (UT), Haryana, Punjab|
|Chennai||Madras High Court||Pondicherry (UT)|
|Chennai (Bench at Madurai)||Tamil Nadu|
|Cuttack||Orissa High Court||Odisha|
|Gangtok||Sikkim High Court||Sikkim|
|Guwahati||Guwahati High Court||Assam|
|Guwahati (Bench at Aizawl)||Mizoram|
|Guwahati (Bench at Itanagar)||Arunachal Pradesh|
|Guwahati (Bench at Kohima)||Nagaland|
|Hyderabad||Andhra Pradesh High Court||Andhra Pradesh|
|Imphal||Manipur High Court||Manipur|
|Jabalpur (Bench at Gwalior and Indore)||Madhya Pradesh High Court||Madhya Pradesh|
|Jodhpur (Bench at Jaipur)||Rajasthan High Court||Rajasthan|
|Kochi||Kerala High Court||Kerala, Lakshadweep (UT)|
|Kolkata||Calcutta High Court||West Bengal|
|Kolkata (Circuit Bench at Port Blair)||Andaman and Nicobar Islands (UT)|
|Mumbai||Bombay High Court||Dadra and Nagar Haveli (UT)|
|Mumbai||Daman and Diu (UT)|
|Mumbai (Bench at Aurangabad and Nagpur)||Maharashtra|
|Mumbai (Bench at Panaji)||Goa|
|Nainital||Uttarakhand High Court||Uttarakhand|
|New Delhi||Delhi High Court||National Capital Territory of Delhi|
|Patna||Patna High Court||Bihar|
|Ranchi||Jharkhand High Court||Jharkhand|
|Shillong||Meghalaya High Court||Meghalaya|
|Shimla||Himachal Pradesh High Court||Himachal Pradesh|
|Srinagar/Jammu||Jammu and Kashmir High Court||Jammu and Kashmir|
Some important points:
- The Supreme Court of India came into existence on 28 Jan 1950. It replaced the Federal Court of India which had functioned from 1937 to 1950.
- The Supreme Court consists of The Chief Justice and 30 other judges.
- A Supreme Court judge can hold office upto the maximum age of sixty-five years.
- The total number of High courts in India is 24.
- The oldest High Court in India is the Calcutta High Court which was set up on 01 Jul 1862. It was set up along with the three Chartered High Courts to be set up in India, along with the High Courts of Bombay, Madras.
- The judge of High court can hold office till the age of sixty-two years.
To Read about the Tribunals of India, Click