AFCAT is the gateway to the prestigious Air Force of India. Clearing the exam needs proper strategy, planning and dedication. Since it’s about joining the defense forces one of the most important thing is discipline andthat isn’t something you develop after joining but the other way around.
Here’s few pointers on How to Prepare for AFCAT 2021 Exam:
- Syllabus discussion: Syllabus is one of the most important thing that you should know before starting with any kind of exam preparation. There are loads of things to study but its of utmost importance to know and understand the important and more vital points. General Knowledge of daily facts is important as is the general awareness about history, geography, polity etc. For technical candidates, brush up on your subject matter. Follow and keep up-to-date with the latest exam pattern.
- Build proper strategy –Like any other exam preparation for AFCAT also requires proper strategy and working on that with dedication. Chalk out proper time slots to prepare for each topic. Divide time according to the need of the subject. You have to find your weak spots and start working accordingly. A time bound preparation will not only ensure that you focus as per the need of the subject but also it helps during the exam.
- Keep updated – General knowledge is like an ocean. You cannot even scrape the top layer by reading a few “current affairs” topics a day before the exam. This is one of the most common mistakes made by aspirants. Instead, what helps is reading newspapers on a daily basis. Follow the important headlines, and important topics (you can read Magazines) it helps not only during just the online exam but also during interview and discussion at AFSB.
- Practice – mock papers and previous year’s questions. This not only helps in getting a thorough idea about the exam patter and the question standard, but also helps in improving accuracy and speed. Time management is of utmost importance in any exam. And you can only achieve it through constant and regular practice.
- Keep fit: this doesn’t need to be told that to join the defense forces you need to ace the fitness level. Both physically and medically. The final selection in the merit list is based on the medical fitness. The parameters of medical fitness is mentioned in the notification in details. As for the physical fitness, running jogging push-ups and pull ups are some of the common exercises.
As an aspirant you should be in good physical condition to adapt to physical training at AFA which encompasses running, swimming, rope climbing and other forms of physical training/conditioning.The following routine is from the notification section: (i) Running: up to 4 Km. in 15 minutes. (ii) Skipping. (iii) Pushups& Sit-ups: Minimum 20 each. (iv) Chin ups: 08. (v) Rope Climbing: 3 to 4 meters. (vi) Swimming (25 m).