IBPS has decided to re-open the registration window for the recruitment of clerical cadre 2020. For all those who could not successfully register during the time frame of 02/09/2020 to 23/09/2020 this is another window of opportunity.
Interested candidates can visit the IBPS Clerk exam page to get all the relevant information about the revised eligibility details.
Online registration for the clerical cadre exam will beginning from 23/10/2020 i.e. tomorrow. Now aspiring eligible candidates can complete the application process and payment of fees by 06/11/2020.
Dates for IBPS clerical exam has been announced and are as follows:
|IBPS Clerk Exam||IBPS Clerk Exam Dates 2020 (Tentative)|
|IBPS Clerk Preliminary Exam||December 5, 2020|
|December 12, 2020|
|December 13, 2020|
|IBPS Clerk Main Exam||January 24, 2021|
IBPS Clerk Eligibility Criteria
IBPS Clerk Age Limit for registration for exam:
- For general category candidates: Maximum- 28 years; Minimum- 20 years.
Category &Age relaxation
- Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe – 5 years
- Other Backward Classes (Non-Creamy Layer) – 3 years
- Persons With Disabilities – 10 years
- Ex-Servicemen / Disabled Ex-Servicemen actual period of service rendered in the defense forces + 3 years (8 years for Disabled Ex Servicemen belonging to SC/ST) subject to a maximum age limit of 50 years.
- Widows, divorced women and women legally separated from their husbands who have not remarried – 9 years
- Persons affected by 1984 riots – 5 years
- Regular employees of the Union Carbide Factory,Bhopal retrenched from service (Applicable to Madhya Pradesh state only) – 5 years
- Citizen of India
- Subjects of Nepal or Bhutan
- Tibetan Refugee who arrived before January 1, 1962
- A person of Indian origin migrated from Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Burma(Myanmar), Vietnam or East African countries of the United Republic of Tanzania, Uganda, Kenya, Malawi, Zambia, Zaire or Ethiopia to permanently settle in India.
- Degree (Graduation) in any discipline from a University recognized by the Govt. Of India
- Or, any equivalent qualification recognized as such by the Central Government.
IBPS Clerical Exam Pattern
The exam is conducted in two stages: Preliminary & Main Exam.
The pattern for preliminary exam is as follows:
|Section||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Time Allotted|
|Numerical Ability||35||35||20 min|
|Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 min|
Candidates have to qualify in each of the three tests by securing cut-off marks to be decided by IBPS.Adequate number of candidates in each category as decided by IBPS depending upon requirements will be shortlisted for Online Main examination.
The pattern for the main Exam is as follows:
|Name of Tests||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Time allotted for each test|
|General/ Financial Awareness||50||50||35 minutes|
|General English||40||40||35 minutes|
|Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude||50||60||45 minutes|
|Quantitative Aptitude||50||50||45 minutes|
The above tests except the Tests of English Language will be available bilingually, i.e. English and Hindi.
IBPS reserves the right to modify the structure of the examination which will be intimated through its website. Other detailed information regarding the examination will be given in an Information Handout, which will be made available for the candidates to download along with the call letters from the authorized IBPS website www.ibps.in
Penalty for Wrong Answers (Applicable to both – Online Preliminary and Online Main Examination): There will be penalty for wrong answers marked in the Objective Tests. For each question for which a wrong answer has been given by the candidate one fourth or 0.25 of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty to arrive at corrected score. If a question is left blank, i.e. no answer is marked by the candidate, there will be no penalty for that question.