- Foreign Investment regulator has approved 680cr investment plan by TESCO.
- FIPB (Foreign Investment Promotion Board) cleared decision on Vodafone group Rs.10000cr plan to take full ownership of its local units.
- Usha Sangwan appointed 1st woman MD of LIC.
- Uruguay becomes the 1st country to legalize growth, cultivation and sale of weed.
- India approved the draft of a multilateral trade reforms package. Clearing the way for the 1st global trade deal in 2 decades.
- India’s Current Account Deficit (CAD) falls to $5.2 billion in July-Sept quarter.
- Indian economy grows 4.8% in three months through September.
- Apple tops the “world’s most valuable List” compiled by Forbes magazine. Its brand value estimated to be $104billion.
- Annual consumer price inflation increases from 9.84 in September to 10.9% in October.
- Piramal Enterprises Ltd. Acquired over-the-counter (OTC) brand Caladryl in India from Valeant Pharmaceuticals International.Inc.
- Infosys agrees to pay $34 million as penalty to the US govt. for errors in 1-9paperwork and other visa related matters.
- RBI hikes REPO rate by 0.25 Basis Points from 7.50% to 7.75%
- Supreme Court directs Sahara group to hand over title deeds of Property worth Rs.20, 000Cr to SEBI within 3 weeks.
- World Bank cuts growth forecast of India from 6.1% to 4.7%
- Agricultural production growth slows down to 0.6%in August.
- SEBI approves Jet-Etihad deal.
- RBI bans “Zero percent” interest scheme for purchase of consumer goods through Credit Card. Also no extra charges can be levied on payment made through Debit card.
- RBI hikes short term policy rates by 0.25%. May lead to increase to EMI for home loans in the medium term.
- Import duty on gold raised by 15%
- Inflation in the month of August increased food prize by 6.1%
- Raghuram Rajan takes over as governor of RBI.
- Indian Rupee ends at all-time low of 68.85 against US Dollar.
- Facebook joined hand with 6 other tech companies Nokia, Samsung, Ericsson, opera, mediaTek and Qualcomm. Launches “Internet.org” to make internet access affordable for all.
- Govt. approves setting up of Bharatiya Mahila Bank Ltd. Within a budget of Rs.1000Cr.
- Amazon to purchase Washington Post newspaper for $250million.
- Arundhati Bhattacharya appointed MD of SBI.
- Union Cabinet approves disinvestment of 10% Govt. stake in Indian Oil Corp Ltd.
- Investment board clears 2058Cr Jet-Etihad deal.
- US city Detroit files for bankruptcy.
- Indian Govt. permits 100% FDI in Telecom Sector.
- Arcelor Mittal drops its Rs. 50000cr steel plant project in Odisha.
- R.Chandrashekhar appointed president of Nasscom.
- Himachal Pradesh declares to complice with section 4 of Cigarettes and Other Tobacco Prevention Act (COTPA). Becomes the 1st Smoke free state of India.
- Petrol Price hiked by Rs.1.82 /lt.
- Indian Railways launched SMS based ticketing system.
- TCS Vice Chairman S Ramadorai appointed as the new Chairman of AirAsia.
- SK Roy appointed new chairman if LIC.
- Amazon.com Inc launches online marketplace in India.
- Infosys appoints Mr.Narayan Murthy as Executive Chairman of the board and Additional Director.
- Punjab Govt. launches online lottery system to increase revenue.
- SEBI completes 25years.
- Bill Gates retakes World’s Richest Title according to Bloomberg Billionaires.
- According to TRAI, Up registers the highest number of mobile users in India.
- Gulf state Qatar buys 5% stake in Bharti Airtel Ltd for $1.26billion.
- Universal Commodity Exchange (UCX) started its operations and became country’s sixth commodities exchange.
- Gold prices reach record low in more than 18months at Rs. 25,270.
- Executive Co-Chairman of Infosys S Gopalakrishnan elected as the President of Confederation of Indian Industry (CII).
- World Consumer Rights day observed on 15th March.
- Mukesh Ambani: India’s richest with a net worth of $2billion.
- Railway Minister, Pawan Bansal presents Rail Budget 2013-2014 on 26th February.
- RBI issues final guidelines for issuing license for opening new banks.
- Union Cabinet approves the merger of Bharat Heavy plate and vessels Ltd (BHPV) and Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd. (BHEL).
- ICICI launches mobile banking called “Mobile Money” partnered with Aircel.
- RBI reduced Repo rate by 25 points.
- Microsoft decides to shut down Messenger service from its operating system.