So now you are all set and the exam is just next morning or next afternoon (if your exam is in the second half). I know it’s a stressful time. But don’t let the anxiety get the better of you. Remember being cool is the trick. Competitive exams are all about how well you can manage the stress and still perform.
ACIO, Insurance sectors- UIIC, NIA, National Insurance- Administrative officers and assistants, Bank PO and Assistants, SSC CGL/ HSL, UPSC, NDA etc all these exams are hugely competitive exams. Large number of candidates appear for the papers. And as such apart from the year long serious preparation you would also need a proper strategy and mind set before walking into the exam room. I am sure all of you have your own ways and strategies. Here we are providing with few guidelines as last minute tips for competitive exams.
- Stress management: Undue stress can be your biggest enemy during these exams. Just make sure to be under only that much stress that will provide you with the motivation to do well and exceed your expectation. But remember there is a fine line between just enough and the excess. Every person has his or her own thresh hold. So you have to find it for yourself.
- How to loosen up? What may be my way to relax and loosen up might not be exactly your style. I am sure you all know your way of loosening up. If you don’t you can try by going out for a long walk, jog, hit the gym- exercise. It’s been proven exercise helps to de-stress. But DO NOT try relaxing by solving reasoning!
- Remember and revise your weak spots: I have already said clearing these exams would need sincere and dedicated practice. The more you practice the more you will come to know about your strengths and weak spots. Remember the things that are your weakness as these are the things you might want to check out at the last moment.
- Go through the Formulas and tricks for solving the quant questions. Maintain a copy of all the formulas you come across. You cannot possibly solve all the different kind of sums in one last night but you can go through the formulas.
- Revise GK/current affairs notes: Though GK and current affairs can be best solved if you keep a regular follow up of the news papers and magazines. Go through the GK /current affairs notes. You can also go through the available GK/current affairs magazines, just brush up on your points.
- For those who are not from the computer background or those who have doubt on your computer knowledge flip through the computer questions. Brush up your knowledge.
- NO heavy preparations. It’s usually seen that when you engage in heavy preparation last moment you tend to get mixed up and build up undue stress which, again, is not what you would want to do.
- Do not solve too many mock test papers at the last moment as that would only confuse you more. Solve as many test papers, mock questions- online or off line, as possible BUT not on the last night before the paper. Restrict your practice to a day before the last night. Solving papers on the last night will only mess up your concepts and tricks that you have mastered.Instead you should try Revision. Remember to take break between your revisions. That way you will be able to study better and do a lot more revision.
- And most importantly, believe in yourself. BE POSITIVE. You have studied hard. You have put in a lot of hard work and you are focused. Tomorrow will be your day.
Photo credit: dotmatchbox / iWoman / CC BY-SA