The Insurance sector is all geared up with their recruitment procedure for the year 2015. Starting with UIIC AO others are soon to follow the suit. The exam pattern is different from that of last year’s when paper based exam was conducted. So many of you have the questions as to how to go about the exam preparation? What is the pattern and syllabus? As for candidates it is very much common to look for useful suggestions for attempting the paper. So here we bring you some tips on how to prepare for insurance papers.
- To begin with, know the Syllabus and understand the pattern: The first step to kick start your preparation is to be clear about the syllabus of the examination. Knowing the syllabus will help you to focus on the preparation. Understand the exam pattern well. Almost all the online exams follow similar pattern : Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude, English and General Awareness. In some papers Computer might be a separate section while in others General Awareness and Computers will be an integrated section. Descriptive paper, if any, you need to prepare separately for the essays, précis, letters etc. Find out how to excel in essay writing.
- Get acquainted with the online exam: Online exams are recent trend in the today’s exam scenario. So you better get acquainted with the procedure. Get enrolled in any online exam program. It will give you the idea about how the exam will follow. It will help you to improve your pace and you will definitely get acquainted with the procedure. Believe me, exam time is not the time to get acquainted but to give your best shot at solving the papers.
- Practice mock tests in a time bound manner: Time is very important in any competitive exam. You have to attempt as many questions as possible and in a limited time and it’s not just as many as possible- pay attention to the accuracy as well. For every wrong answer you mark, there will be negative marking. Now that’s not what you would want, right? So the thing is to solve the maximum number of questions correctly. This will only happen when you have adequate practice. So get started today.
- Not just the online test, practice from test papers as well. You will find a number of test paper sets in the market. Some of the books for preparation of Insurance Exams are as follows :
- NICL /GIC AO (Administrative Officer Exam) Practice Work Book (English) by Kiran Publications – Buy on Flipkart or Buy on Amazon
- NICL /GIC AO (Administrative Officer Exam) Practice Work Book (Hindi) by Kiran Publications –Buy on Amazon
- General Insurance Companies Administrative Officer Exam Guide (English) by Ramesh Publishing House –Buy on Flipkart
- Insurance Officer Exams AAO,AO & ADO Solved Papers (NICL/LIC/OIC/UIICL/OICL) (2013 – 2002) – (English) – Buy on Amazon
- Insurance Officer Exams AAO, AO & ADO Solved Papers (NICL/LIC/OIC/UIICL/OICL) (2013 – 2002) by Kiran Publications (HIndi) – Buy on Flipkart or Buy on Amazon
- L.I.C./G.I.C./O.I.C. A.A.O. Assistant Administrative Officers Exam (English) 01 Edition (Paperback) by Lal Jain – Buy on Flipkart or Buy on Amazon
You can buy one of these books for practice and set to solve the test papers. This will improve your speed and efficiency.
- Be clear about the Reasoning Questions, Quantitative Aptitude, English, Computer and GK & Current Affairs. The sections should be clear to you. There should not be a situation that you are unable to understand the particular trend of questions. For usually the pattern of questions asked in almost all the papers are same (There are few unique questions though. Keep that in mind) For example input output questions, sitting arrangement questions etc are common in reasoning. But non-verbal are not there in online based paper.
- Know your weakness: Everyone has their own strengths and weaknesses. What might be my strong hold may not be the same for you. So if quant is your strong point try to score as much as possible from that section. But if your gk is not so strong then you need to focus on it. Do not target a 45 out of 50 score but try for a SCORE of 25-30 atleast. And ofcorse try not to lose on negative marks.
- As for quantitative aptitude; make a note of the formulas, trigonometric values, theorems mathematical formulas can be real tough game if you aren’t from maths background. The trick is to jot down the formulas and learn them by heart. Practice as much as possible and master the tricks.
- Keep your reasoning and analytical skills sharp: In exam hall you won’t have much time to ponder over how to solve a particular problem. The best bet is that you know the way of solving the particular problem. You will be able to master this once you have practice enough reasoning questions.
- Keeps notes of GK and current affairs and English vocabulary: Most of you must have a question: how to prepare for GK? Well for GK there is no short cut. You need to follow the current news. Read newspapers, magazines, editorials. Make it a habit of reading and noting down the important points. So that before the examination you can just check your notes and get all the important news at one glance.
- Divide your time in a wise manner and prepare: This is the most important thing. Time management. Yes, not all are your strong hold and neither are all your weakness. So divide time such that you focus on your strength and at the same time brush up your weaknesses. And the result – a balanced preparation.
You may also like to see : NICL AO Recruitment Exam 2015