Staff Selection Commission invites application for recruitment to the posts of Stenographer Grade ‘C’ and Stenographer Grade ‘D’. The written examination is tentatively scheduled on 27-12-2015.
To appear for this exam you need to have passed 12th Standard or equivalent from a recognized Board or University.
The age limit set by the Commission is 18-27 years as on 01.08.2015. (Candidates born not before 02-08-1988 and not later than 01-08-1997).
Check out the official advertisement for Relaxations of Upper age limit for different categories.
Total Number of Vacancies
There are total of 1064 vacancies advertised by SSC this year. Below are the details.
(a) Tentative vacancies for Stenographer Grade ‘C’: 50(UR-28,SC-05,ST-08,OBC-09)
(b) Tentative vacancies for Stenographer Grade’D’: 1014(UR-642,SC-113,ST-61, OBC-198)
Note : Vacancies of Stenographer Grade ‘C’ are in Ministries/Departments of Central Government, located mostly in Delhi whereas Vacancies of Stenographer Grade ‘D’ are for Ministries/Departments of Central Government including Attached/Subordinate offices located in States and Union Territories all over the country.
Rs 100/- for General and OBC category candidates. Payment of application fee is exempted for all women candidates and candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe, Persons with disability and Ex- servicemen eligible for reservation.
Payment can be made through Offline mode (CRFS) and Online mode (Net banking or any credit/debit cards).
How To Apply
- Applications must be submitted only in the prescribed format On-line or by Post.
- You will be required to indicate the order of preference for the posts of Stenographer Grade ‘C’ and Stenographer Grade ‘D’ in Application form.
Download Application form (Offline Mode)
For Online Applications, there will be two parts in the registration process.
- In Part I registration, candidate will have to fill basic information. On submission of details, candidate shall be prompted to check the details and make any correction in the application. Last Date for Part-I Registration: 04-09-2015 by 05:00 P.M
- Part II registration requires filling of payment details, uploading of photograph and scanned signature. Last Date for Part-II Registration: 07-09-2015 by 05:00 P.M.
Selection to the above posts will be made on the basis of your performance in Written Examination and Skill Test. Candidates qualifying in the written test will be called for Skill Test. Allocation of candidates will be made to User Departments depending upon their merit position and post preferences filled by them at the time of application.
Scheme of Written Examination
The written examination will consist of one objective type paper having 3 sections.
- General Intelligence & Reasoning – (50 questions )
- General Awareness ( 50 questions)
- English Language and Comprehension (100 questions)
There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer. You will get 2 hours to solve the paper.
- The Skill test will be of qualifying nature only.
- The candidates will be given one dictation for 10 minutes in English / Hindi at the speed of 100 w.p.m. for the post of Stenographer Grade ‘C’ and 80 w.p.m. for the post of Stenographer Grade ‘D’.
- The matter will have to be transcribed on computer only. The evaluation of transcription will be done electronically only.
- The transcription time is as follows:- For Stenographer Grade ‘D’ : 50 minutes ( English ) 65 minutes ( Hindi ) For Stenographer Grade ‘C’: 40 minutes ( English )
- The questions except in Part III will be set both in English & Hindi. There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer.