Congratulations to those of you who have cleared the written examination. It’s time for you to get set for the interviews. A lot of people perform nicely in written exams but when it comes to interview, they just do not feel as confident as they should even after having the subject knowledge. Here are few tips to have a good impression on interviewers during your bank interview round :
- SMILE : A good smile can conquer a heart. But do not try to over-play that. Yes, you do need to smile yourway through the interview but keep your facts ready for the interviewers will be judging you on your answering skills as well.
- Dress in a befitting manner: From a proper shirt to a well polished shoe everything matters. For boys, an ironed shirt and a pair of trousers. You can wear a tie. But please know to carry one. Do not keep fidgeting with it. You will give away that you are nervous! Team it up with black or brown shoe. For girls, anything Indian or western formal is a go. But keep your make up to the bare minimum.
- Carry your documents in a file/folder: The document verification will be done well in advance of you entering the room but it is still a good impression to carry your documents in a folder.
- Be Confident: From the moment you enter you will be judged. The way you enter, the way you greet and then take your seat, listen and then answer you will be judged every second. Keep your answer short but to the point. Say only how much you know for sure.
- Do not Stammer: You know that you are nervous. Various questions and the probable answers you should give just keeps replaying in your head. But DO NOT show it! And stammering is a sure sign of nervousness (unless you have some medical issues, in which case you are pardoned).
- Do not fidget with your hands or fingers: The best way to stop it is by keeping one hand pinned down by the other firmly on your lap.
- Maintain eye contact while answering: It’s very important that you maintain eye contact while answering. It shows that you are acknowledging everyone in the interview panel and also that you are confident of your answers.
- Be polite but straight forward: If you know the answers say it. If you do not don’t try to make up one. Be polite and say you don’t know the exact answer. Don’t forget these are the people in business since a really long time. They’ll know the moment you are hiding something or cooking up/ trying to cook up something.
- Do not panic: It’s not uncommon or unusual to lose a nerve when you fail to answer a question. The people who are taking your interview already know that. But what they do not know is how much stress you can take and how well you can handle that. That is exactly what they are trying to see in you. So even if you panic keep your calm and wait for the next question.
- Thank everyone before you leave: Thank everyone again, smile and walk straight. You might have goofed up. May be you couldn’t answer a few questions but still do not lose your composure. While leaving the room, walk straight do not stoop.
Let us know if these tips were useful to you. Comment in the box below.
You may also like to see : How To Overcome Anxiety During Interviews
Photo credit: Marcus Vegas / iW / CC BY-SA