The online entrance exams are the stepping stones into the banking sector. SBI, IBPS, private sector banks conduct online examinations for the recruitment of POs and assistants. I am sure you have made up your mind for appearing in bank exams 2015. Here we bring you some Tips for bank exam preparation:
- Be clear about the syllabus and pattern: The first step to start your preparation is to be clear about the syllabus and pattern of the said examination. Knowing the syllabus and pattern not only helps to focus to prepare well but it also helps to focus on the key areas.
- Get acquainted with the online exam: Online exams are recent trend in the exam scenario. So you better get acquainted with the procedure. Get enrolled in any online exam program. It will give you the idea about how the exam will follow.Since we are accustomed to pen and paper format since our childhood, it gets very important to get a hold of how an online examination is like.
- Practice mock tests in a time bound manner: Time is very important in any competitive exam. You have to attempt as many as possible in given time frame. Even if you know how to attempt a question but lack speed, you won’t be able to finish up your exam.
- Know your weakness: Once you have the syllabus with you it’s time to find out your strong and weak areas. Practice both the areas according to your plan. Don’t panic if there are too many weak points. Enough practice will help you get over the fear. Also do not ignore your strong areas completely. Confidence is the key but over- confidence can sink your sailing ship.
- Make a note of the formulas: It’s important to have handy list of formulas which you can glance at during your revision sessions as well as on your exam day.
- Keep your reasoning and analytical skills sharp: Reasoning is considered to be an easy section to score in. Solve as many reasoning questions as you can. Chalk out your own strategy to solve such questions. Do not mug up rules, try make your own rule. This will save a lot of your brain data.
- Keep notes of GK and current affairs: It’s impossible to remember things the day or time you read them. Therefore, it is important to jot down whatever new is coming to your eyes. News from any sphere, be it national, international, economy, polity or sports, note them down the moment you come across. This way you will save a lot of time at later stages of preparation.
- Divide your time in a wise manner and prepare: You will have to analyse the time you required for completion of syllabus. Try giving equal time to all the sections. Particularly for the exams in which you have sectional cut offs. One should always try to finish up the syllabus well before the exam. Make a time-table and try sticking to it.
Above all have faith on yourself and rest everything will fall into place. We wish you all the luck.