Staff Selection Commission (SSC) has published notification for the recruitment of Stenographer Grade C (Group B Non-Gazetted) & Stenographer Grade D (Group C Non-Gazetted) vacancies. Details of the SSC Stenographer Recruitment Notice 2016 are listed herein.
Candidates must have passed 12th Standard or equivalent from a recognized Board or University.
Candidates must be between 18 to 27 years as on 01.08.2016. Upper age limit for different categories as per Govt. rules.
Candidates need to pay Rs. 100/- through SBI Challan/ Net banking or any credit and debit cards.
Fee is exempted for all female candidates and candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe, Persons with disability, and Ex-Servicemen eligible for reservation, as per Government orders
Candidates will be selected based on their performance in written examination and skill test.
Phase I – Written Examination – The written examination will consist of one objective type paper as shown below:
General Intelligence & Reasoning (50 questions )
(Additional 40 minutes will be given to Visually Handicapped/cerebral palsy candidates)
General Awareness (50 questions)
English Language and Comprehension (100questions)
Note: There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer.
Phase II – Skill Test – Candidates who obtain the qualifying marks in the Written Examination will only be called for the Skill Test. THE SKILL TEST WILL BE OF QUALIFYING NATURE.
The candidates will be given one dictation for 10 minutes in English / Hindi at the speed of 100 w.p.m. for the post of Stenographer Grade “C” and 80 w.p.m. for the post of Stenographer Grade “D”.
How To Apply
- You should have valid e-mail , scanned photograph signature before starting the application procedure.
- Go to SSC website www.ssconline.nic.in and register yourself by filling in your name, father’s name, 10th roll no., date of birth, gender.
- Click on ENTER once you finish up filling basic details. Enter ‘Personal Details’, ‘Basic Details’ and ‘Contact Details’.
- Enter all required fields & then click ‘submit’ button.
- Get the provisional Registration Id and Password & upload your photograph and signature.
- Make application fee payment by clicking ‘online’ or ‘offline’ in fee payment mode option.
- Once it is done, click on ‘submit’ button.
Download Official Notification for more details
Click on the link to Apply Online
Download Offline Challan