IBPS conducts online examination for the recruitment of Probationary Officers in October eveery year. The exam duration is of 2 hours. You will be required to attempt 5 sets of questions from – Reasoning, English Language, Quantitative Aptitude, General Awareness and Computer Knowledge.
The exam consists of 200 questions of 1 mark each. For every wrong answer marked there will be a negative marking of 0.25 marks.
Lets find out how to prepare for IBPS PO exam 2015
1. Online entrance exams are a relatively new concept in the Indian arena of conducting competitive exams. As such not everyone is well versed with this method. It therefore would require a lot of practice to get accustomed and adapt to this new mode. If you are appearing for the 1st time, it is important that you get yourself acquainted to the CBT or Computer-Based Testing.
2. To start with the preparation it is helpful if you would divide your preparation into 5 parts- Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude, English, GK-Current Affairs and Computer. You can allot a reasonable time frame to each section and begin with the preparation. The Section-wise IBPS PO exam preparation plan usually is very helpful.
For a good preparation develop a strategy and identify your strengths and weaknesses. Utilize your strengths and improve your weaknesses successfully.
3. As we have already mentioned, time-bound study method is very important. Scoring in Mathematics and Reasoning papers depends on your speed and accuracy. Practice the test papers to gain speed in solving these parts.
Given the current trend, for the Quantitative questions it is wise to put stress on solving Data Interpretation questions fast and accurate. High accuracy level is very important. Try to practice regularly with about 3 to 4 hours per day of dedicated study/preparation.
4. Develop the habit of reading newspapers. It will help you to keep yourself updated about the latest happenings and current affairs. As the variety of questions in GK section varies a great deal, you will have to put in extra effort by reading as many books and newspapers as possible on a regular basis. Along with increasing your general awareness this will also help you to improve your vocabulary (if you are following English newspaper).
We will update the latest facts and important topics related to the exams on regular basis. It will provide you with a fair good idea about the areas from where there is high probability of questions being asked.
Focus on time management and clear your concepts. For any additional query you can leave your questions below. We will try answering them at the earliest.
5. Books – The books mentioned below will not only help you prepare for IBPS PO exam but also for other Bank PO and Clerical Exams. We advise you buy one or two books on the sections you think need practice and one book for previous year papers /model test papers. Do not buy too many books that will only put additional pressure and stress on you.
- Banking Awareness (English) by Arihant Publishers – Buy on Flipkart or Buy on Amazon
- Guide to Banking General Awareness & Banking Aptitude Test (English) by R. Gupta – Buy on Flipkart or Buy on Amazon
- Guide to Banking General Awareness & Banking Aptitude Test (Hindi) by R. Gupta – Buy on Amazon
- Quick learning Objective General English by RS Aggarwal & Vikas Aggarwal – Buy on Flipkart or Buy on Amazon
- Accredited Guide to Data Interpretation and Data Sufficiency (English) by Arihant Publishers – Buy on Flipkart or Buy on Amazon
- Computer Literacy And Knowledge for Bank PO and Bank Clerk Exam – by Kiran Prakashan – Buy on Flipkart or Buy on Amazon
- Objective Computer Knowledge & Literacy by Kiran Prakashan – Buy on Flipkart or Buy on Amazon
Books especially designed for preparation of IBPS PO Written Exam
- IBPS Bank PO Common Written Exam Success Master (English) by Arihant Publishers – Buy on Flipkart
- Success Master IBPS Institution of Banking Personnel Selections CWE Bank PO Probationary Officers / Management Trainees Exam (English) by Arihant Publications – Buy on Flipkart or Buy on Amazon
Previous Year Papers/ Practice Papers, you can buy any of these
- Previous Papers IBPS: Common Written Exams for Bank PO/MT with Detailed Solutions (English) – by K. Kundan – Buy on Flipkart
- IBPS – Bank PO / MT / SO CWE – 4 Self Study Guide – Cum Practice Work Book (With CD) (English) – by Kiran Prakashan – Buy on Flipkart or Buy on Amazon
- 20 Practice Sets IBPS CWE PO/MT Online Exam (English) by Arihant Publishers – Buy on Flipkart or Buy on Amazon
6. Revision – Revise what you have studied. You should start revising your syllabus at least two weeks prior to your online examination. There is no point stuffing your brain with information and not going through it before your exam. You will be in a lot of stress before exam and chances are there that you will forget things. So revise before going for exam.
You may also like to see : How to prepare for IBPS Interview